Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 18: Success

I still need sleep. I'm going to bed early.

BUT FIRST!

THURSDAY SUCCESS!! (Recipe #3 this week!)

*Woah. I would just like to note that I nodded off after typing that title.*

Kate (a.k.a. Cats) and I decided that we were hungry tonight and wanted to make food. Cats, being a more expert cook, took control of the chicken with some seasoning, minced garlic and a bit of lemon juice before baking.

I took the butternut squash. Oh yum. It's been awhile since I've had butternut squash and boy was it delicious!
I have to say that last night's meal was okay. Just okay. The eggplant didn't turn out like I wanted and I also added too much red pepper. Regardless, I had it for lunch and it was quite tasty. I just feel that the eggplant cooked too tough (probably due to it being almost bad). I'll cook it fresh next time.

Anyhow, I hollowed out the part of the squash holding seeds and then added some sliced some onions, diced celery, butter and a little salt and pepper.



Even cats liked it! I would say this is my best success so far. Because it not only came out looking delicious but it actually tasted delicious!
I regret that I don't have finished pictures of these dishes...after baking. Most of the time I just don't care too much once it's ready to eat. I stuff my face, cook and stuff my face again. In that order.

Anyway, I'm looking at my computer cross-eyed so I must go.
Happy Friday to you all.

Listening to: "The Chain" -Ingrid Michaelson

No comments: