Thursday, September 18, 2008

I walked into my room and saw a pair of sandals on my bed. 
Ajalon made it to the thrift store and found summer shoes for $1.  
My immediate thought was "Hippie shoes!" 
It made me happy. Made me think of California, two long but not so long years ago. 
Hippie land. 

There were some places that were so serene and beautiful that I honestly felt as if I were dreaming. 
It cannot be explained. I distinctly remember places so resembling my feeble imagination of heaven that to think of them makes me cry a little inside. 


I think everyone's nerves around here are just a little more relaxed at the moment. 
I could be wrong I know, but it's a good guess.  
I should never worry. 
I sat at Panera the other day during an awfully confusing week and watched as a little sparrow hopped along the sidewalk. 
The tiniest little creature and not a worry in the world. 
It reminded me of a comparison I've heard since I was young. 

"...do not fear them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in your ear, proclaim upon the housetops. 
Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 
Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 
So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows. Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven. ..."
(Matthew 10  - NASB from www.biblegateway.com)

Isn't He good to take care of such small and seemingly insignificant creatures? Isn't He good to take care of us? Yes, He is. 
And yes, bad things happen to good people. But that is a discussion for another day. 



No comments: