Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ah Neverland...

I often wonder about myself 
wonder if I'm too serious
if I've grown up too fast 

most of the time I would say not fast enough
I am quite the silly girl 
though other times all I can see is my seriousness 

I might as well be little Peter 
pondering grown-up life and living with a burden 
a weight that is not his to carry 

smile a little Peter and be a boy again
why do you feel the need to fix every problem?
don't you know you can't? 

relax Peter 
tomorrow will bring what tomorrow brings 
don't you know you're losing your sweetness

your innocence and any joy from this life
driven away by worry 
driven away by the problems you so wish to fix 

ah, this world holds us for but a little while 
run and play while you can 
Peter, laugh and dance 

the ticking clock continues 
once, just once more
be a boy again 

No comments: